Tuesday 21 February 2012

Dulce De Leche (Caramel) Brownies

This is going to be a short post. That's partially because I have loads of work, partially because not much needs to be said other than this: ignore what I said about making the chocolate orange drizzle cake. Ignore it and make these brownies instead. (Then make the drizzle cake afterwards).


Case in point: all 9 pieces I left in the kitchen went in under 5 hours. They are dense, chocolatey, look spectacular and taste gorgeous. Nuff said.


Thank you David Lebowitz for making an otherwise rubbish day wonderful.

Recipe can be found here. Change nothing because it is perfect.


CALORIES PER BATCH = 4448
CALORIES PER SLICE (16 SERVINGS) = 278

p.s. Dulce de leche can be bought in British supermakets as "Carnation Caramel". A tin is slightly over the cup called for in the recipe, but you could probably put it in (though I think a cup was more or less perfect)... I'm saving my leftovers to put on waffles and pancakes. Happy Shrove Tuesday! I shall be posting a pancake recipe for one if all goes well...

p.p.s. These photos SHOULD be gorgeous and hi-res and sparkly but aren't, because my new camera arrived and I got it out of the box to find that it it broken. Thanks Fuji. So I'm still stuck with the terrible phone camera for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment